Well, It’s been a little while since I’ve worked on any projects that I could put up on unstdio.org. But the wait is over! I am officially starting a new project and it’s keg.io v2. When we built the hardware for keg.io last year it was a great achievement because I’d never done anything that would be used by so many people. (Everyone at the Vivaki Nerve Center Seattle Office) But we haven’t really been able to put the time in the project that it deserves. So now we are going to do two projects at once. We got a sweet older pop machine that we also want to “technoligify”, so this will kill two birds with one stone.
The first couple posts of this project will be all hardware based. There is a bunch of new things to figure out since we have new ideas in mind for this. First we want to ditch the lame computer that the Arduino is connected to and move it “To the Cloud”! So we’re going wireless with the connection using sparkfun’s wifly shield. I haven’t played with this yet but CRC (aka “checksum”) bought a bunch of new stuff and the wifly shield was in there. The other thing we are going to do with this project is actually get real (badass) PCB’s made. We definitely need some cool branding of our own.
So the first thing I’m going to do is get this shield soldered up and start writing some code. So stay tuned and there will be some updates in the next couple days.